lHr Go are looking to recruit Catering and Cleaning Assistants for their client based in Cambridge – CB2 0AA
The successful candidates will:
• Clean areas specified, including associated fittings, if appropriate to include cupboards, work surfaces, dining tables etc.
• Clean walls, doors etc. and internal glass as defined in work schedule.
• General floor cleaning, to include shampooing/buffing when required.
• Remove and dispose of rubbish, ready for collection.
• Maintain all equipment in a clean condition, reporting any malfunctioning or broken equipment as appropriate
• Replenish stock where appropriate, e.g. disposal bags, soap, paper hand towels, toilet rolls and nursing rolls.
• The unloading, checking and correct storage of non-perishable food items, chemicals and disposable items
• To carry out removal of food waste and packaging from the catering department
• To carry out the cleaning of saucepans and utensils using the correct method as specified within the catering and Health & Safety policy
• To deliver ad hoc food items to other hospital departments or wards
• Carry out cold food production and assist in the basic preparation and cooking of hot meals as required under the guidance of the shift leader
• Fill, replenish and clean the service counters, grab and go areas, and vending machines to the required standards.
• Clean all surfaces and equipment in the kitchen, servery, dining area and stores in line with the Catering Food Safety and Hygiene Manual
• Carry out daily and weekly cleaning tasks as directed through the cleaning schedules
• Undertake stock checks and the cashing up process within the restaurant, stores, vending machines and mobile sales, ensuring that the Trusts financial procedures are fully complied with.
• Assist with incoming deliveries, ensuring that goods are accounted for on the order requisition and any adjustments are clearly marked and reported. Also the issuing of goods to various departments, ensuring that all items are correctly requisitioned and any adjustments are clearly identified on the relevant paperwork.
• Ensure that the storage of all stock is in the correct environment, ensuring that a stock rotation system is strictly followed and any stock found to be near the use by / best before date is reported to the relevant person in charge.
A DBS is required for this role
To apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply' button below.
HR GO Recruitment offers permanent and temporary jobs across the UK – visit ((url removed)) to get in touch with your local branch for more opportunities like