Located in the Suffolk countryside within commutable distance of Ipswich, Debenham, Woodbridge and Stowmarket this fantastic new venue have recently appointed a new proactive creative Head Chef to run the kitchen and we are now seeking a number 2 to work with him and grow with this expanding business.
With new owners this complex is being completely re invented and there will be space for functions, 2 restaurants and a leisure site so very exciting for a chef looking to play a pivotal part in a fantastic business with lots of opportunities.
Shift patterns will be earlies and lates: 9am – 5pm / 2pm – 10pm. With flexibility needed for functions.
* As Sous you will be used to working alongside the Head Chef in a brand new kitchen, you will be used to working with fresh locally sourced produce and will be working on cooking fresh breakfast / lunch and dinners.
* We are looking for a Sous who is seeking a long-term role where you can add ideas to the business, look commercially at the food offering and input into the restaurant and function menus.
* The Head Chef is passionate, enthusiastic and up to date with all health and hygiene regulations, he has assisted with the design of the kitchen and general building works so as Sous chef you will be working with a competent supportive individual, will ensure that any training needs on COSHH, Allergens etc…will be encouraged.
* The restaurant can seat up from 80 – 100 covers.
* With a captive audience and high calibre of clientele this is a progressive role for an experienced Sous who would be looking at a Head Chef role within 2 years.
* Working 40 – 45 hours per week on straight shifts with 2 days off and one long weekend in 5 off this role offers that work – life balance rare in the hospitality industry.
* You must have your own transport due to location of the site
The Small Print
To apply you will be required to supply evidence of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom with relevant skills and qualifications.
Prosper Business Recruitment is a proud equal opportunities employer, dedicated and specialist to the hospitality industry. We work and support some of the most well-known companies in Norfolk and Suffolk.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Prosper Business Recruitment Limited who are operating as an employment agency