Calling all sous chefs for an amazing Scandinavian Fine dining restaurant!!
SCE have a brand-new Sous Chef opportunity to become a member of the team at a popular Nordic Restaurant in Central London. You will Support the Head Chef in the day to day running of the kitchen, including food production, menu development, stock and staff management.
* Work with the Head/ Exec chef to ensure menus are always reflecting current trends and guest requirements.
* Proactively seek new ways and methods of producing menu and food products.
* Stock control and product cost systems.
* Possess good communication skills within the kitchen.
* Be guest focused at all times and show willingness to be flexible to fit in with business requirements.
* Implement with the Head/Exec Chef training requirements for all kitchen personnel including health, hygiene and safety practices.
* Assist the Head / Exec Chef in menu writing, planning and be proactive in assessing current industry trends and initiatives.
* Assist with team management to include, training & development, performance management and general welfare of team.
* Assist the head/exec chef with the recruitment and selection of new brigade team members.
* Carry out office management duties to include; rota's, ordering, supplier contact etc.
* Previous experience in Nordic cuisine would be an advantage.
* Enthusiastic, open-minded and ready to learn.
* Ambitious and keen to develop.
* Team Player.
* We believe in happy staff and that hard work should be rewarded and recognised.
* Competitive salary & pay rates with an annual pay review.
* Pension scheme.
* Free meals at work and 50% off when you're off.
* Opportunity to work for an established company with a 20-year history of top end restaurants.
If you are interested and would like to be considered for this position, then please call the office or apply with an up to date CV.
This Vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Social Care and Education who is operating as an employment business