Choose a career that inspires people.
Progress your career as a valued member of one of the most respected and supportive teams in the healthcare sector. In helping us deliver outstanding healthcare you’ll be making a real difference to residents and their families every single day, with support from the organisation and your colleagues every step of the way.
As part of our vibrant culture you’ll build lasting professional relationships that will take you further, whatever your career goals.
About Cygnet Bury
Cygnet Hospital Bury provides a wide range of inpatient mental health services for men and women including specialist deaf services and CAMHS provision for adolescents. Security levels range between medium secure to rehabilitation services.
About the job role:
– Assist with the preparation, cooking, portioning and presentation of meals to standards and costings defined by the manager.
– Ensure the company's reputation for food quality and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
Key duties – To:
– Make sure all the operations of the catering establishment are conducted according to company policy and procedures and the terms of contract.
– Contribute to personal development through the 'Investors in People' philosophy and to business development through the Company quality management philosophy.
– Covering the Head Chef and assuming an authority role when required.
– Observe health and hygiene standards and ensure they are upheld in the kitchen.
– Follow instructions from the manager and other senior members of staff.
Please note – this role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 as you will be in contact with vulnerable adults. Therefore all candidates invited for interview will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and any offer of employment is subject to successful clearance.
If you are looking for a truly rewarding career with great prospects then we would love to hear from you