Luxury Rosette Hotel in Guildford.
£40,000.00 – Bonus paid 1/4ly on GP% target
4 Weeks Holiday
8 Bank Holidays
Free Car Parking
Elliot Scott Group are recruiting for a Head chef to work in a 4 Star Luxury Hotel.
Reporting to the General Manager with complete responsibility for all aspects of food production from sourcing suppliers to delivering customer excellence in the finished dish. Along with the product development planned for this hotel there are great opportunities to develop the food standards and offering at the hotel. Creating a restaurant menu to inspire local patrons, an afternoon tea menu that encourages loyal local business will all be on the to do list of the new Head Chef. You will be supported by the General Manager and will be provided with the equipment and staff resources you need to deliver on these ambitions.
Competencies of a Head Chef:
* Recruitment, training and coaching team of 6 Chef's and 2 Kitchen Porters – adding to your team as the business grows. Working with local colleges to encourage new recruits as well as working with our Group Resourcer to attract quality Chef's.
* The menu planning, supplier resourcing, ordering, delivery, storage, preparation, cooking and service across the range of food areas within the Hotel.
* Ensure compliance with HACCP and food hygiene, health and safety legislation.
* Achieving gross profit targets on dishes to allow for future investment in the facilities and staffing.
* Creating passion, flair and drive in your team to assist the hotel to achieve it's quality and business objectives, Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
* Experience of developing a quality hotel restaurant to 2 Rosette standard
* Proven record of team selection and relation that supports the development of excellent standards.
* Demonstrate during a cooking trial the practical ability and flair that will be required to drive and motivate others on the team to achieve.
* Demonstrates ideas of how the food offering can be developed and standards improved when being interviewed.
* Hold the experience to manage the multi menu requirements and busy banqueting operation.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK