Executive Head Chef
£52,000 – £55,000 plus 12.50% service charge and excellent benefits
Based in East Hertfordshire
My client is a stunning and relaxing Hotel & Country Club located in Hertfordshire. My client’s unique hotel is set on 200 sprawling acres, on land that once housed some of England's most important historical figures. My client provides delicious food in their restaurants, as well as outstanding afternoon tea. Due to the stunning facilities, views and service, my client is one of the best designated areas for weddings and successful business meetings.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Executive Head Chef, passionate about the food they cook, to manage this fantastic brigade of experienced chefs, using only the best ingredients! An exciting opportunity for a creative Executive Head Chef to grow and develop a large team.
Purpose of the role
As Executive Head Chef, you will be responsible for the overall success of the daily kitchen operations. You will exhibit culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Continually improve guest satisfaction whilst maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility. Supervise all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports.Executive Head Chef Experience and Skills required:
– Must have a High school diploma or GED; 6 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
– Or a 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
– Basic Computer Skills – Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g. personal computers, Word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
– Professional Demeanor – Confident and command respect from others; making a good first impression
– Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities;
– Communication – Convey information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
– Adaptability – Maintain performance level under pressure
– Business Acumen – Understanding and utilising business information
– Organise – Prioritise and arrange work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed
– Driving for Results – Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others
Executive Head Chef Duties and Responsibilities
– Leads kitchen management team.
– Provides direction for all day-to-day operations.
– Understands Senior Manager positions well enough to perform duties in their absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
– Provides guidance and direction to staff, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
– Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
– Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
– Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
– Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
– Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
– Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring associate understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
– Manages department controllable expenses in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
– Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
– Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
– Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
– Interact with the Banquet Chef and Catering department on training regarding food knowledge and menu composition.
– Fully involved in the sourcing & recruitment of the Kitchen team, identifying talent for succession planning.
– Maintains accountability at all levels within the Kitchen and monitors/evaluates processes regularly to ensure consistency and quality
EXCITING opportunity so please do not hesitate in sending your CV over to Lesley today!
Email: lesley@maidayrecruit (url removed)