You have been warned! 🙂
1. You will be alone a lot!!!
2. Don’t expect to see him/her on any major holiday i.e.:Christmas, New Years Eve, Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving Maybe Fathers Day but will end up barbecuing at home.
3. They are exhausted most the time.
4. If you have children, 90% of the parenting responsibility will be on you, My wife tells people single parent happy married.
5. They work 14+ hours a day 6 to 7 days a week most of the year.
6. They are constantly covered in cuts, burns and have callouses on their knife hand.
7. Never make plans with a chef, work shifts will always change. The only time we will be on time is for our wake.
8. They do not eat amazing food everyday, in fact if we eat at all it is usually something snacky & unhealthy, and will mix all the cereals at home together for a snack before bed.
9. Date night will be rare & will never be on weekends and finished early.
10. If they have a day off, they will be grumpy, and will be upright and walking but still unresponsive.
11. They are extremely passionate about food, job and cooking.
12. They will probably be obsessed about knives.
13. They will talk food in their sleep or think they’re still working don’t be alarmed by the language.
14. You will eat alone A LOT!
15. Your cooking & knife skills will be criticized as will your kitchen cleaning skills.
16. It will always be quicker for him/her to chop for you.
17. They will always come home smelling of fish, garlic, onions and KITCHEN
18. They will have no desire to cook at home but when they do it will be AMAZING!
19. They will talk about famous chefs like Marco Pierre White, Thomas Keller. Michel Roux Senior & Charlie Trotter as if they are gods.
20. NEVER EVER call them during service unless there is a death. Even then give it some thought…..it can sometimes wait.
21. They will go to work no matter how ill/broken/unconscious they are.
22. If you cook them something for when they come home, they will be so grateful but don’t be surprised if they are to tired to eat.
23. If they go food shopping, expect things in the shopping cart that are really expensive & that you have no idea what to do with.
24. When you do eat out somewhere nice they are great at explaining the menu but will be a food critic. But if they know the chef in the kitchen you will get WONDERFUL sampling plates.
25. They love that you are there when they come home but don’t expect much conversation.
150,000+ Chefs on Facebook.
Our Secret Tips to Building a MASSIVE Chef Community!
FREE eBook Download